Icon Books does accept unsolicited adult non-fiction manuscripts. Please note we do not accept adult fiction, poetry or any children’s fiction manuscripts. Please also note that we do not publish religion.
If you would like to submit to Icon Books, please send:
1) A brief synopsis of the proposed book
2) A detailed chapter breakdown of the proposed book
3) An overview of any competing or complementary titles
4) An indication of your intended market (please try and be as specific as possible)
5) A biography of yourself as author, including any relevant professional or academic experience and any publication history
6) A selection of sample material. The first three or four chapters is normally sufficient, although we do accept entire manuscripts.
7) An estimated completion date and total word count (please note that only a word count is helpful here, a page count is best avoided)
Email is the preferred method of communication. Please email all submissions to email@example.com.
We can also accept postal submissions, although please think carefully whether an email is not sufficient before sending. The address for postal submissions is:
Omnibus Business Centre
39–41 North Road
Please bear in mind that while we aim to respond to all submissions within three-four months of their receipt, we receive a vast number of proposals and cannot promise to reply as swiftly as we would like to them all.
Similarly, we cannot return all the manuscripts we receive even if they enclose an SAE. Our policy is to recycle submissions after we have made a decision, so please do not send us the only copy of anything as we cannot offer any guarantee of its safe return.